In writing to the senators & our local mayor: here are the directions that I gave to my students:
1. Write a journal entry stating what you think are some of the world's greatest problems.
2. Share your journal with the class.
3. Narrow your "world problem" down to one.
4. Do some research on the world problem you chose. Know that some "heavy" stuff will come up.
5. Write your letter–business style format–to the person to whom you chose to write–include your research & the changes you want.
CHALLENGE: How about we all write to our local senators, politicians, etc. letting them know we want a change.Read More